Most meter kiosks are located in the Downtown, Washington Ave, Central Ave, St. Peter’s Hospital and Albany Medical Center areas.
Pay by Phone / Pay by Plate
Albany, say hello to another way to pay for parking! Park where you see ParkAlbany app signs & decals, pay for your parking session from your phone, and be on your way to enjoy our city. Learn more at ParkAlbany.com/app
What are the benefits of using ParkAlbany?
- Pay on the go:
- Pay quickly and securely with your phone.
- Forget refilling the meter in the rain or having to leave a meeting.
- No need to rush:
- Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
- No need to worry about how much time is left on the meter, add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
- Easy expenses:
- Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
- Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
How do I pay for parking with ParkAlbany?
- Download the ParkAlbany app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Create an account with your cell phone number.
- Park anywhere you see ParkAlbany app signs & decals.
- Enter your zone number, license plate and length of stay.
- Pay for your parking session from your phone. Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay extra!
How do enforcement officers know that I've paid?
Transactions made with the ParkAlbany app are instantly available to parking enforcement personnel through their wireless handheld devices.
Park. Pay. Be On Your Way.TM with the ParkAlbany app!
Download the App & Manage Parking Online
Pay by Plate Meters
Customers will be able to use their license plate number as proof of parking, rather than having to walk back to the vehicle to display a parking receipt on the dashboard.
Pay By Plate: (On-Street Kiosks)
- Press start button on keypad to begin
- Enter license plate number
- Insert coins to add time or insert credit card and follow on screen instructions
- Press green button to complete transaction
- Retain receipt for proof of payment
For a demonstration of using these Pay by Plate parking meters, watch the video below:
Smart Single-Space Meters
If paying with coins, insert them into the coin slot for the amount of time you’d like to park. Quarters, dimes, nickels, and $1 coins are accepted.
Credit Card Payments
If paying with credit card or credit card-branded debit card, insert and remove your card. The Smart Meter accepts Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover.
With the blue [+] and [-] buttons, select the amount of time. The cost is displayed underneath.
Press the green [OK] button to confirm your payment, or red [CANCEL] button to stop your transaction. After 35 seconds, the meter will authorize the payment shown on the screen if neither button is pressed.
Need a receipt for the new IPS smart single space meter? Click on the following link and sign up to view and print receipts https://www.myparkingreceipts.com/
For a demonstration of using these smart single space parking meters, watch the video below: