News & Announcements
Starting on March 18th, the maximum daily parking rates for all three of the Albany Parking Authority’s garages – the Green-Hudson, Riverfront and Quackenbush garages – will be reduced from $13 to $7 per day. This is being done to alleviate issues for residents who don’t usually use these parking garages during the day.
Effective March 17, 2020, at 10:45 a.m. the City of Albany has lifted parking regulations in Washington Park and Lincoln Park. Mayor Kathy Sheehan and Albany Police Chief Eric Hawkins have announced that time-limit parking regulations have been lifted at both Washington Park and Lincoln Park until further notice to create additional parking opportunities throughout the City during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Other parking regulations, including parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant or at a crosswalk, continue to be in effect in both parks. The City of Albany is asking residents to continue to comply with alternate-side parking regulations throughout the City to help facilitate the continued collection of solid waste and recycling as scheduled.
Offical announcement can be found at: https://www.albanyny.gov/Government/CityParkingandTrafficAlerts.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0-d2O9tvAGa92znRKdNivcGjQ6heITa-reYHzY3MFWT7V7V4eE29XH-hI
Albany Parking Authority Garage Tiered Rate Structure Guide
(Effective January 1, 2020)
- The base rate for a monthly account will be reduced from $140.00 to $135.00 per space per month. (Tier 1)
- For accounts with 15-24 spaces, the rate will be $125.00 per space per month. (Tier 2)
- For accounts with 25 spaces or more, the rate will be $115.00 per space per month. (Tier 3)
- The downtown residential rate will be $115.00 per space per month. Restrictions Apply.
- Any individual under a parking club, a month-to-month PIP or an existing residential parking agreement to 12/31/2019, your existing rate will increase by $3 per year until it reaches the $115 threshold or lowest tier threshold available at the time.
- PIP accounts scheduled to expire after 12/31/2019 will automatically convert to month to month, after completion of the contract and increase in rate $3 per year until they reach $115 threshold or the lowest tier threshold available at the time. The rate after expiration of any future PIP will be the current PIP escalation rate. Every January the rate will increase by $3.00 until the lowest current tier rate is reached.
- Expired PRP accounts will automatically convert to month-to-month. The number of spaces on your account will determine the tier rate for new parkers. For current parkers the rate will increase by $3 per year until it reaches the designated tier based on the number of spaces. Any current rates higher than the designated tier will be adjusted to reflect the designated tier January 2020.
- For accounts that add or cancel parking space(s) that would change your tier level, the new tier rate will become effective the following month.
- If a space on your account is cancelled, it will be taken from the lowest priced parking rate on the account.
Or call us at 518-434-8886 ext. 107.
The Albany Parking Authority will be performing some maintenance and repairs in the Central Avenue parking lots on 8/27/19 and 8/29/19. Please see the following schedule for closures and redirection to other lots during closed dates.
Lot 1 (48 Central Ave) Lot 7 (241 Central Ave)
Lot 3 (327 Washington Ave) Lot 8 (289 Central Ave)
Lot 5 (170 Central Ave).
Lot 2 (72 Central Ave) Lot 2 (72 Central Ave)
Lot 4 (124 Central Ave) Lot 3 (327 Washington Ave)
Lot 7 (241 Central Ave) Lot 4 (124 Central Ave)
Lot 8 (289 Central Ave). Lot 5 (170 Central Ave)
Lot 6 (223 Central Ave)
Lot 2 (72 Central Ave)
Lot 4 (124 Central Ave)
Lot 6 (223 Central Ave)
Lot 3 (327 Washington Ave)
Lot 5 (170 Central Ave)
Lot 8 (289 Central Ave)
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.
The water dept. is performing some emergency repairs and will be closing the entrance to Central Ave, Lot 5 (170 Central Ave) starting Monday 8/12 to Friday 8/16 but will reopen the lot if they complete the repair sooner. During this time we would like customers to park in our other lots located at 124, 223, 241 Central Ave and 327 Washington Ave. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.