Hours: 8am to 4pm (40-hour full time)
Salary: $37,000 to 38,500/ annual commensurate with experience
Interested in applying for this position? Applications must be submitted online and through the City of Albany's Civil Service Employment Portal by Wednesday, August 4th, 2021.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Under general supervision by the department head or higher level manager, the incumbent makes independent decisions on problems encountered within a delegated scope of activity. The incumbent assists in the development, planning and coordination of departmental activities. Supervision of others is required when management is unavailable.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative Only)
- Provides support to management with office methods, procedures and other non-technical fields for planning and administering programs;
- Address customer complaints;
- Maintains manager’s calendar;
- Maintains, records and updates automated system;
- Creates employee file/account for payroll processing;
- Maintains attendance records;
- Tracks and reports time off requests;
- Reviews and submits payroll for processing;
- Prepares employee deductions for payroll processing;
- Prepares files for daily appointments, confirms schedule and handles phone messages for management;
- Verifies information regarding parking enforcement and for required towing;
- Prepares a variety of reports regarding parking enforcement metrics;
- Reads incoming mail and answers general correspondence as directed;
- Assists management with employee complaints;
- Tracks supplies needed and submits requests to management;
- May attend meetings and record minutes;
- May develop, maintain and update computerized records containing information required for office programs;
- Performs related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of office management;
- Good knowledge of personal computers and office equipment, such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software;
- Ability to make clear and accurate analyses of facts, figures and processes;
- Ability to relate effectively and professionally with co-workers, superiors and the public;
- Ability to present data, reports and comments clearly and concisely;
- Tact and courtesy;
- Good judgment;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree (or higher) and four (4) years of satisfactory, fulltime paid work experience (or its part-time equivalency) providing direct supervision in a mid-office environment or traffic and/or parking enforcement; OR
- Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and two (2) years of satisfactory, fulltime paid work experience (or its part-time equivalency) providing direct supervision in a mid-office environment or traffic and/or parking enforcement; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
A valid NYS Driver’s License is required at the time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
To apply please click here.
Applicants must meet the requirements as outlined in the attached job description. This position is a competitive class Civil Service position that may be filled on a provisional basis pending the outcome of the Civil Service examination.
Section 62-1 of Chapter 62 of the Code of the City of Albany (Residency Requirement) is not a requirement for the position.
The Albany Parking Authority is An Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.