Hours: Monday - Friday (40-hour full time)
Salary: $40,000 to $43,000 / annual commensurate with experience
Interested in applying for this position? Applications must be submitted online and through the City of Albany's Civil Service Employment Portal
Customer Service Manager
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The Customer Service Manager provides supervision of a staff of customer service and billing representatives. The incumbent must be familiar with all aspects of the Albany Parking Authority’s parking programs and promotions and should be able to articulate them to the general public. Work responsibilities are performed with a degree of independence.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative Only)
- Hires, trains and on-boards new customer service staff as required;
- Provides coaching and assistance to customer service staff on an ongoing basis;
- Prepares and presents weekly sales reports to management;
- Ensures that all employees follow the company's best practices for customer interaction;
- Coordinates with internal departments to find solutions to customer complaints and resolve matters;
- Drafts the necessary documents, letter or statements, needed to properly assist a customer;
- Conducts periodic surveys of customers and potential customers to ensure quality control;
- Assists customers with the purchase of parking passes and permits as needed;
- Manages high level customer accounts and assist with their needs;
- Ensures all customer account information is kept up-to-date and maintained properly;
- Responds to customer inquiries promptly and professionally;
- Performs related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers, office equipment, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good knowledge of how to use Customer Relationship Management software (CRM);
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under time constraints imposed by the nature of the job;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to work without close supervision;
- Ability to effectively articulate policies and procedures to the public;
- Ability to work on a team;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; well versed in handling customer complaints and problems;
- Good judgment, tact and diplomacy, understanding, patience, courteousness and
- Physical conditions commesurate with the demands of the position.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years fulltime paid experience in the area of customer service or related field; OR
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree and four (4) years fulltime paid experience in the area of customer service or related field; OR
C. An equivalent combination of training and experience defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.