Hours: 4pm to Midnight (40-hour full time)
Salary: $13.50/ hour
Interested in applying for this position? Applications must be submitted online and through the City of Albany's Civil Service Employment Portal by Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021.
PARKING GARAGE ATTENDANT
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This position involves, but is not limited to; customer service, cleaning, maintenance, dealing with the public, handling of money, operating and maintaining revenue control equipment, filling out reports, opening and closing of office by garage location. This position does not require the supervision of others.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative Only)
- Assists customers in the use of automated revenue control equipment including ticket dispensers, pay stations and exit station equipment;
- Responsible for daily collection and categorization of parking ticket transactions;
- Maintains all revenue control equipment;
- Performs all janitorial-related tasks necessary to maintain parking facility;
- Performs snow removal duties including shoveling, salting and operating snow thrower;
- Assists facility manager/assistant facility manager in the operation of the facility and lots;
- Performs cashiering function, as needed;
- Performs related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to be trained to operate and maintain revenue control equipment;
- Ability to log information and make mathematical computations quickly and accurately;
- Ability to operate a vehicle and light equipment such as snow throwers and salt spreaders;
- Good knowledge and ability in the use of a computer;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with the public, agencies and other employees;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma AND one (1) year of experience working with the public.
A valid New York State driver’s license is required at the time of appointment and for the duration of employment.
A background check will be conducted prior to appointment.
To apply please click here.
Applicants must meet the requirements as outlined in the above job description.
Section 62-1 of Chapter 62 of the Code of the City of Albany (Residency Requirement) is not a requirement for the position.
The Albany Parking Authority is An Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.